Guidelines for Using Stuff Your Sack Trademarks and Copyrights
Guidelines for Using Stuff Your Sack Trademarks and Copyrights
These guidelines are for Stuff Your Sack licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use Stuff Your Sack’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the Stuff Your Sack Logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Stuff Your Sack may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. Use of Stuff Your Sack trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of a Stuff Your Sack trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are a Stuff Your Sack Authorized Reseller or member of a Stuff Your Sack program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
Stuff Your Sack’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using a Stuff Your Sack trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Stuff Your Sack is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with Stuff Your Sack’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Stuff Your Sack’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Stuff Your Sack trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Stuff Your Sack trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Stuff Your Sack. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please contact us via email at email@example.com or submit your query to Stuff Your Sack.
Authorized Use of Stuff Your Sack Trademarks
Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials:
Only Stuff Your Sack and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the Stuff Your Sack Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the Stuff Your Sack Logo only as specified in their agreement with Stuff Your Sack and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with Stuff Your Sack (For example: Authorized Reseller, Authorized Value Added Reseller, Authorized Service Provider, Authorized Wholesaler).
Developers may use Stuff Your Sack, or any other Stuff Your Sack word mark (but not the Stuff Your Sack Logo or other Stuff Your Sack-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced Stuff Your Sack product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements:
- The Stuff Your Sack word mark is not part of the product name.
- The Stuff Your Sack word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “runs on,” “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”
- The Stuff Your Sack word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
- The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Stuff Your Sack product.
- The reference to Stuff Your Sack does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Stuff Your Sack or Stuff Your Sack products or services.
- The use does not show Stuff Your Sack or its products in a false or derogatory light.
Publications, Seminars, and Conferences:
You may use a Stuff Your Sack word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
- The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title.
- The use reflects favorably on both Stuff Your Sack and Stuff Your Sack products or technology.
- Your name and logo appear more prominent than the Stuff Your Sack word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
- The Stuff Your Sack logo or any other Stuff Your Sack-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from Stuff Your Sack.
- A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Stuff Your Sack, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Stuff Your Sack Inc.”
- A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Stuff Your Sack’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
Websites that serve only as non-commercial electronic informational forums concerning a Stuff Your Sack product or technology may use the appropriate Stuff Your Sack word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
Unauthorized Use of Stuff Your Sack Trademarks
Company, Product, or Service Name:
You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Stuff Your Sack, or any other Stuff Your Sack trademark, including Stuff Your Sack-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
Stuff Your Sack Logo and Stuff Your Sack-owned Graphic Symbols:
You may not use the Stuff Your Sack Logo or any other Stuff Your Sack-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Stuff Your Sack, such as a reseller agreement.
Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations:
You may not use an image of a real Stuff Your Sack or other variation of the Stuff Your Sack logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a Stuff Your Sack trademark for any purpose.
You may not use a Stuff Your Sack trademark or any other Stuff Your Sack-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
Endorsement or Sponsorship:
You may not use Stuff Your Sack, or any other Stuff Your Sack trademark, including Stuff Your Sack-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply Stuff Your Sack’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing Stuff Your Sack, or any other Stuff Your Sack trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Stuff Your Sack.
Stuff Your Sack’s Trade Dress:
You may not imitate the distinctive Stuff Your Sack packaging, website design, logos, or typefaces.
Slogans and Taglines:
You may not use or imitate a Stuff Your Sack slogan or tagline.
You may not use an identical or virtually identical Stuff Your Sack trademark as a second level domain name.
Rules for Proper Use of Stuff Your Sack Trademarks
Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
- As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
- An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that.
- Always spell and capitalize Stuff Your Sack’s trademarks exactly as “Stuff Your Sack Trading Company.” Do not shorten or abbreviate Stuff Your Sack product names. Do not make up names that contain Stuff Your Sack trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
Distribution Within the United States Only
On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the Stuff Your Sack trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
Include an attribution of Stuff Your Sack’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of Stuff Your Sack LLC
_________ and _______ are trademarks of Stuff Your Sack LLC
Distribution Outside the United States:
Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.
Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of Stuff Your Sack LLC, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of Stuff Your Sack LLC
Depictions of Stuff Your Sack Products
Endorsement or Sponsorship: Stuff Your Sack does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of Stuff Your Sack products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that Stuff Your Sack endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
Compatibility: If you are a developer, you may show an image of a Stuff Your Sack product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the Stuff Your Sack product or technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
- Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Stuff Your Sack product.
- The image is an actual photograph of the genuine Stuff Your Sack product and not an artist’s rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from Stuff Your Sack before using any photograph owned or licensed by Stuff Your Sack).
- The Stuff Your Sack product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the Stuff Your Sack products and on Stuff Your Sack Inc.
- The reference to Stuff Your Sack does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, Stuff Your Sack or Stuff Your Sack products.
For further information with respect to Stuff Your Sack’s copyrights, please submit your request in writing to the firstname.lastname@example.org .